Thursday, April 9, 2009

Last minute packing

This will be my last post this side of the pond for about 3 weeks. It has been a whirlwind of activity here the last three days. There all sorts of were arrangements to make, paperwork to obtain, cloths to pack, and financial chores to take care of. Would you believe that the airline even required me to submit the weight and over-all dimentions of Richards wheelchair by Tuesday? Today I have already put in last minute laundry, fixed breakfast and done the dishes, verified our frequent flyer numbers, checked my e-mail, and caught up on both my daughters and my son-in-law's blogs. I still have to make another run to both banks to get a little cash and make sure there is enough in the bank where I have a debit card so that I can draw out Euros if needed, pick up some American Easter candy for my German grandkids, buy some last minute items for the trip and complete the packing. We will be on the road by 8:30 tomarrow morning. Our flight doesn't actually leave till 1:15, but we need to make a short stop in Salem and still be in Portland by 11:15. I may or may not be able to post from Germany. If not, I will have lots to share when I get home.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad things are coming along. That's a lot to do in a short time.
    Have a terrific trip.
    I have my physical today, it's also my last day to clean the house before the activities start happening around here tomorrow.
    Tomorrow I dye my hair again.
    and Nate and Lissa will be coming to prepare the ham.
    Because the numbers are 19 I was able to arrange the great room so that everyone could be in the same room.
    Terry's coming back and hopefully be able to finish up the plumbing today. I need to run to searings to pick up a part before going to the Dr.
    Pray for safe travels.

    ReplyDelete