Sunday, April 5, 2009

Torn

How do you keep from being torn in several directions when you have several kids and grandkids, all with different issues, hundreds, even thousands of miles apart? I guess you don't. Sunday is a special day, not only because it is Easter Sunday, but also because it is Shelley's 50th birthday. Richard & I have been given this wonderful gift of traveling to Germany for the first time in 6 years. In fact, because of health-related problems, Richard has not flown anywhere during that time. He has, however improved to the point that he can. So it was not reasonable to pass up this opportunity. There are also other issues on the table right now that I will not go into here. Still there is a sense of guilt at not being present at our daughter's landmark birthday event. Shelley, please forgive us for not being physically present on this very special day. We regret that more than you know. But we will be with you in spirit and pray that you have many other family members and friends around you. You are our first born child and no one else can ever take that place in our hearts.

2 comments:

  1. Mom don't be torn.

    I hope dad and you have a wonderful time.

    What a wonderful surprise.

    I wouldn't pass up that opportunity myself.

    To me Easter is Easter, and my birthday just happens to land on it.

    We are celebrating Nate's, Paul's, Betty's, and My birthday on Easter.

    So it's not a big 50 deal.

    I will be having dessert tomorrow at the office "sharing with Tina's birthday".

    I will be going to the Tuesday night dessert and latte' at church, and Thursday I will be going to lunch with some friends celebrating my birthday.

    Eric and I are trying to be on a diet and it's hard when everyone wants to give you cake.

    I will say no to cake tomorrow.

    I will eat fruit at the church latte and dessert, but I will eat dessert on Thursday.

    What I really want to do is work in the garden and enjoy the sunshine.

    I hope you can get everything together in time.

    Love, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a nice lunch yesterday.

    The photo book you called about is yours.

    Your album was the type that was bad for pictures not archival safe.

    So I bought you a new album that was safe for photo's
    And put your pictures in the new album.
    So that you can have them safely preserved, consider it a Mother's day gift or an additional birthday gift.

    I hope you can relax soon, I know you have a lot to do in a short time.
    I'm sure your looking forward to a long rest on the plane.

    I have Terry coming soon to work on the plumbing and a lot of clothes to fold.

    ReplyDelete