Thursday, May 7, 2009

Show stopper


This is the windmill located on the Keurkenhauf grounds. Nicole & I climbed to the deck and took pictures. Richard took pictures of us. As you can see, the weather was amazing. The photo below is one of many beautiful displays of flowers found within several pavilions.




We also visited an art show featuring Esher. This was held in a palace at the Haag. His works are intriguing as most of them either tend to through your sense of balance off or use forms from nature that morph from one pattern to another. A simple example of this idea is shown here.
Today I am trying to get myself and the house in order. It really got set back with me having such a head cold and fever for several days. No, it was not the swine flu. I had no other symptoms besides headache and fever. No aching muscles, no chest conjestion or intestinal distress, not even a sore throat. But it has certainly taken a toll on my energy level. I need to get with it and get everything ready to be gone for a month. Richard & I will be taking care of Preston while Rick flies off to Europe. This will be his first trip abroad and plans are in the works for him to visit Paris, Germany, and Cyprus. We are soooo excited for him. Since school is not yet out, Preston could not go along, but then he had a trip to Disney with his dad just last month. Maybe I can relax in Seattle? One can only hope.



1 comment: