Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Up early, yes again

Seems that when my mind is busy I just can't sleep. So I am once again, up before the crack of dawn. I'm really going to need a nap today. What am I thinking about? Nothing and everything.

I am grateful to God that Yesterday with all the "things" going on was indeed yesterday. Richard had an appointment at 9:00 to get his eyes checked. Richards gout is flaring, so we swung by his primary physician's office for prescription. That took about an hour. Snow was forecast and my grandsons had put my studded tires in the car. So I dropped Richard off at the house, then spent some 2 hours at the tire store waiting to have the tires changed out. I got home just in time to throw together something to eat on the way to Richards 1:15 physical therapy appointment. On the way home we stopped to fill his prescription. At home I then made the rounds in anticipation of a cold night, covering outside faucets, making sure no windows were cracked open (we had company over the last few days) and that plumbing was either covered or in a warm area. The last thing we need is frozen pipes. After dinner I had just settled in when it dawned on me that today was trash pick up. So out I went to take the cans to the curb.

There is about an inch of snow on the ground this morning. The temperature was forecast to reach a low of 24 over night. I'm quite sure it came close. The snow is beautiful. No cars have yet marred the road. No pedestrians have left foot prints on the sidewalk. The cars look like mounds of marshmallow in the landscape. All is peaceful and quiet out there. I have an eye appointment today. But is not until 1:00. Richard is sensitive to cold and he does not have to go out again until tom arrow. That is good, because the ramp can get a bit slippery. The fireplace looks warm and cozy. I have home made pumpkin soup and cider. Today will be a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Turns out Gary got home before me. It wasn't as bad up in Bothell. It continued to snow last night. We have a good 6 inches on the ground. On the way in this morning, I saw hundreds of stranded cars down the hill...
    Preston must be happy as there is no school today. A couple more days of this silliness and I can sleep in. I save my geraniums last night. They are in the garage. My spickets are wrapped in carpet foam pading and things are tightened up. Can't wait to see the heating bill... Hugs to you and dad. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get those snow tires on.
    We will try to get ours on today

    ReplyDelete