Saturday, October 22, 2011

Out and About

We are Out & About, or at least somewhat, these days. First, Richard couldn't go walking with me because he just plain couldn't walk and I had trouble pushing his wheelchair on anything but level streets. Then he got a power wheel chair and we walked more. Now my foot is giving me trouble. So here is a temperary solution. I really don't like it because I have to constantly hold or turn the wheel of my chair to keep from running into the curb. But it did work.

There is a pond (Christal Lake) about 2 blocks from the house. More often than not, we make this pond our destimation. We throw dry bread to the ducks and nutria that make the pond their home.


With mild fall weather and leaves turning color, this wooded area is beautiful. Before long though, we won't be able to get out. So we will take advantage before the heavy rains and cold set in for the winter.




This guy doesn't see very well, but he makes up for it in hearing and smell. Nutria live here all year long.





Unlike the nutria, these ducks will soon be on their way south for the winter. We will see them again in the spring.






1 comment:

  1. I've never seen a nutria before they almost look like a beaver.

    ReplyDelete