Monday, April 22, 2013

Reflections of Mom

Today marks twenty years since my mom went home to Jesus. You would think it would get easier after all this time, but the waves of grief do still come. They are just further apart. I still miss mom very much.

Mom lived a hard life. She knew nearly every sort of hardship: financial; loss of health; war; trust of a spouse; a child who got into drugs; a father who left his family in need; etc. Still, mom never lost hope or her faith in God. He saw her through all these and more. Mom was a great inspiration.

As I grow older, I look forward to my reunion with mom and all the other loved ones who will be waiting for me. No, I am not ready to go, but someday, most likely within the next twenty years, I will join mom again. In the mean time, I will try to carry on her legacy here on earth. That is the best way I can think of to honor her.  I love you Mom.

4 comments:

  1. She was a great lady and always positive. I never knew a lady so excited to go home. She picked out her dress like it was a wedding. The music the pastor, everything. I was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moms make all the difference...that's why I love mine so much.

      Delete
  2. I MISS HER too SHE was great and so are you l Iove you ma

    ReplyDelete