Saturday, June 29, 2013

So Tired

A few weeks ago, we were presented with an opportunity to remodel a room in the back of our house, once used by mu uncle. The idea was that front money would be provided to do repairs and would then be repaid out of rent we get for the room. We have rented out this space before, but it has set empty (at least not occupied) for several years. Our rental space has it's own bathroom and entry, so it only makes sense to do this.

However, this room has been a catch all for everything from exercise equipment to old document storage. What a job to clear it all out. My grandson came over and moved the exercise equipment to the basement. His mom helped me sort out several boxes of "stuff". But most of the work has fallen on me alone. I have cleaned the little refrigerator, rounded up the furniture for the rental, hired contractors to build new entry stairs and move some plumbing, and sorted through a ton of old papers (tax returns, school and work related materials, photos, etc), tossing trash can after trash can and re-organizing the rest. I'm still not completely done, but the room has been cleared of everything except what will stay in it. Now to find a spot for the office and art supplies, five boxes of photos, well you get the picture.

The rest of the house now needs clearing. I am on it. Shelves and drawers in my office are my current project. Those in the family room and sewing room will follow. This is going to take awhile. The kids are just glad I'm getting a lot of the work done so they won't have to do it when I'm gone. They shouldn't get too relaxed, there will be plenty left for them to do when the time comes.

2 comments:

  1. Wish we could relax, unfortunately we don't relax, because we have so much work to do ourselves. Glad your making a lot of progress on the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax I can't do that I have a lot to do myself and still have little help if any SO I just do what I can when I can.

    ReplyDelete