Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Moving

Because of the change in internet providers, I may need to move my blog. I anticipate that this will happen in the next couple weeks, so not to worry if you have trouble finding me. I am not atechnical person at all. My kids set up this blog for me and I will need to rely on them to make any necessary alterations. I checked out some of the options (links) I found on the blog site and they give instructions in technical language that I do not speak or understand. Guess I am too old for all this.

Change of subject. It has been raining off and on for a couple of weeks now. The plants are loving it, but we are finding it hard to keep up with maitenance. Richard has been working on the front beds for a couple hours a day. There are so many things that go untended though. Our back lawn is at least 3 feet high. We started to cut it with the weed eater (our mower is in the shop). But it just doesn't work well when the grass is soaked. Then there are the weeds that spring up in all the newly cleaned areas. Seems you take one step forward and two back.

I did get the vegetable starts in the planting beds. They really need some top soil though. So too, with the roses and flower beds. They really need about 3 inches of bark. These are additives we can't afford and do not have the means of spreading even if we could. This is a hard reality and source of frustration. Our yard is enjoyed by the entire neighborhood. We get positive feedback from all who pass by. So it is frustrating that we can't keep up with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment