Monday, May 17, 2010

technology chalenge

OK, I am finally doing this. I will be getting high speed internet access, putting dial up away. It is not something that I would have changed, despite the time it takes to use dial up. But the cost of TV access has gotten so out of hand that we were forced to take a hard look at "bundles". We already have Direct TV and Qwest. It was only natural to look at a bundle that would put them together with internet access. Turns out that because we already have these, there wouldn't be much of a discount. So we are going with cable. It will give us all three services for about $20 less than bundling with Qwest for a full year. There is no time related contract, so if we don't like it, we can chane without any penalty. The price is good for full year. Looks like we will need to look at this again and again.

For those of you who have been after me to change from dial up for several years, this action should better allow me to view videos and download photos with ease. What ever happened to patience? So it takes 10 minutes to get a video of a few seconds using dial up. I do eventually get it. (just a bit of sarcasm)

My biggest concern is in making all the needed changes in my current files. I am hoping the installer can transfer such things as my e-mail address book, Facebook account, blog access, and my favorites list. Grrr.

I'll e-mail my new e-address to everyone, provided I can manage this technology change.

1 comment:

  1. You'll get it and it is frustrating to make changes but once the changes are in place it will make it easier.

    ReplyDelete