Friday, September 30, 2011

Living Today-Looking Ahead

This past week saw painting completed in the bathroom and touch up in the bedroom. Chris is doing a bit of touch up on the bathroom ceiling and is starting to paint the small closet in the office this morning. I have decided to paint a small cabinet white before I put it back in the bathroom. So I'll tackle that task this morning when he finishes in that room.

Next, I'll finish up the work in the office, either this afternoon or tomorrow. When I get off here, I need to move some stuff for better access. Only one more area to work on in my current radar.

Change of subject - For quite awhile, my left big toe has been quite painful. I started noticing a deformity (bunion) forming even before I retired 5 years ago, But lately it has become painful, making walking hard and wearing anything but Burks, impossible. I asked my podiatrist about options a couple years ago, and was told that surgery to correct it is effective. The problem is that I would need to be non-weight bearing (again) for 6 weeks. Up-side to this is that winter is on the horizon, so would need to be inside anyway. Doing it now (probably late January or early February) would mean I would be in better shape for our trip next spring. I will have time now to prep (put my house in order, fix meals and freeze them, take care of other DR appointments, etc) beforehand. Chris comes every Friday and can do minor housework and laundry. I have my wheelchair so I can get around and do some things. Of course we will be stuck at home for the duration. But I can make arrangements for Gleaners to deliver once a week and I'm sure others will be willing to "shop" occasionally for perishable items that aren't available through Gleaners.

I do not look forward to being down for the third time in almost as many years, but sometimes ya gotta do, what ya gotta do. The option of not taking care of this problem would eventually mean neither Richard or I would be mobile. That is not acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment