Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happy New Year

I am back, well partially. My surgery went well. I had all the pins pulled out on Friday (the 13th). I can now take a shower, a full one. I can walk , a bit. I can even drive. But there are still some pretty harsh restrictions that limit my freedom. The first of these is that I can only have my leg down for a maximom of 45 minutes. That essentially means that while I can take a quick run to the store, I can't can't really shop. I can't go to church because it takes about that length of time to drive there and back. I can sit at the computer just long enough to take care of e-mail or post, but no longer than that. I still need to wear this rigid sandle to bed. I can put weight on the front of my foot, but am not to push it, the pain level is not to excede 3. Recovery really is 6-8 weeks. Tomarrow marks 4 weeks since my surgery. Oh well, I will be a good girl and do what I'm told. I honestly do NOT want any setbacks.

1 comment: