Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I am back

It has been some time since my last entry. My surgery went well and I am recovering just fine. In fact, I went tp physical theropy this a.m. without so much as a cane for support. How is that for progress. Yes, I still have swelling, there is still some inflamation, and I am stiff and sore. But not anywhere near what it was. In fact, I havn't taken a pain pill in about two weeks.

I see the doctor on Thursday and anticipate the all clear to drive. Not being able to drive has been the hardest part of this whole thing. Richard no longer drives because he falls asleep without notice (even in mid-sentence), so it just isn't safe. That either means we are stuck at home or must depend on someone else to take us. DIanna works full time and Shelley is several miles away. Not a good situation. We have been stuck most of the time. A friend has been taking me to theropy on Tues. and Shelley takes me on Thurs. But anything else is out. So I stocked up on everything and Dianna stops for little things on her way home.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and my car is parked there. Freedom is in sight. Thank God for all those who have prayed for me (us), come by to visit, called, sent cards, etc. He is faithful and friends are such a blessing.

My birthday came and went. I am now another decade older. I heard from the older of my siblings but had to contact my youngest brother just to make sure he was OK. He is just so busy working and studying for his masters. I am so pleased for him. He promised to drop by this summer when he can breath again.

My sister sent a lock of my hair in my birthday card. Seems it had been returned to her by a friend in Phoenix. According to a note, she had sent this hair to her friend some 50 years ago to compare with a dye job. It was really strange. My questions are 1) how was my hair collected, 2) what possessed the friend to hang on to it for that long, and 3) is there a voodoo doll somewhere out there?

1 comment:

  1. They probably heard of the idea somewhere and thought it was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete