Saturday, April 17, 2010

Scatter brain

I am recovering well from surgery. I have a physical theropy appointment on Monday and then just one more the following Tuesday. These really wear me out, but they are doing their job in that my strength and flexibility are both increasing. I can walk stairs with help, sweep the floor and shop using a walk-behind cart. Most of all I can drive. But sometimes I wonder about my mental state.
The service oriented group I head up from church will soon be having the last meeting before everyone scatters for the summer. I have been away from my office just long enough to not be able to find anything. Yesterday I nearly paniced when I couldn't locate notes from a very important meeting held just before my surgery. I did ask for help but it came from an unexpected direction. I had sent out an e-mail to all those I had previously shared the notes with, asking if they had a copy. No one responded. But the Lord did.
Richard usually gets a form from the VA (Rx meds) in September asking for income information for the previous year. This form came yesterday, 5 months early. While pulling the file for the VA, I found the missing meeting notes. If that VA file had not been required, I probably wouldn't have found those notes for a long time. Please don't ask how they got there. I am frustrated enough about it. Praise God for His timing and organization. Mine sure proved faulty, at least this time.

2 comments:

  1. We all have those moments, I lost our walking phone for over a week and found it in the green house yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done this before also. I lost a very important paper at work and finally found it in another file that had nothing to do with it. Not sure how it got there!! :)

    ReplyDelete