Sunday, April 25, 2010

Over did it

The week finally is over. A new one, hopefully a better one, has begun. We will see what comes. Yes I am being cynical again. The weather yesterday was so very nice. Richard went outside next to the deck to do some pruning. The deck has been sorely neglected for about 18 months. That is because we did not use it at all last year, what with me being completely non-weight bearing all summer. Two winters with no maintenance in between left a real mess.

I got leaves and blown-in debris cleaned up. Took the storage rack for firewood and some containers that held old newspapers (we had used these to start the fire) off the deck (we took out the wood burning fireplace insert and installed a gas-burning fireplace last September). Then swept and blew the whole thing off. Richard pruned roses and the claimants and cut the trimmings up into several plastic bins. I made the mistake of picking these heavy bins up and dumping them into the yard debris cart. I didn't think they were that heavy. But I haven't walked and carried much at the same time for almost a year. Long story short, I pulled something. I think it is in my sacrum. Anyway, I can hardly walk. It is still bad enough that we stayed home from church today. Bad enough that medication, the vibrator, or ice hardly touches it. I am tired of not being able to work. There is so much work that needs to be done. Please Lord, I really need a pain free, positive week.

1 comment: