Friday, February 27, 2009

Progress & Delays

Yesterday, there were three men working on my sewing room again. They finished putting down the floor and putting sheetrock on the ceiling. Yet to do is framing in the door to the pump closet and then all the finish work. I keep telling myself that it will get get done, it will get done, it will get done. Maybe I should click my heels together?
We did have a laugh. I fixed a wonderful eggplant dish and turns out one of the guys hates eggplant. He was polite, just diligently picked it out of the dish and ate the rest. Another of the guys took it off his plate and ate it. Then the stories started about all the times the first fellow had been served eggplant. We added to his collection. When his wife came to pick him up and we told her of the eggplant she just roared.
The contractor who is putting a bid together for remodeling our master bath has postponed getting the bid to us for the third time now. We had a firm appointment yesterday at 9:00 am and he just plain did not show. Not so much as a phone call even after I called him and left a message. This morning he called to appologize and wanted to make another appointment for next week. I told him no, I did not want to put it off any longer. He supposedly will be here this afternoon at 3:00. If he doesn't show or even if he calls and tries to postpone again, I will not even consider him for the job. I am about as patient as anyone, but I can't handle this lack of accountability. Please pray for me. I need/want this project to move forward.

1 comment:

  1. We've been in remodels from the first day we said I do. It is hard to wait, it takes twice as long as you had hope and cost twice the money but in the end it is worth it. It's like being pregnant you can't wait till it's over and when the child arrives you forget the pain and glad that they have finally arrived.
    Last years project took it out of me, but I'm enjoying the efforts it took and now it's pure joy to go to work and see things functioning the way they should.
    When we went threw the remodel of this house it was very hard because we lived in the mess for over 9 months, I had no life, no privacy, a lot of noises, smells, and chaos. It came to a place where we just had to stop, we ran out of energy and money. We needed our sanity back. Little did I know that it was training for doing the project of the new office location.
    We had a lot of long days, sleepless nights. But in the end I would say it was worth it all.
    Hang in there it will get done not in your time but it will get done.
    Love, Shelley

    ReplyDelete