Thursday, February 12, 2009

Time to Get Real

OK, I admit it. I am a more than a little disappointed. The guys showed up as scheduled this morning. They worked hard and accomplished a fair amount of tasks. The electrical has been re-done, all the bracing and most of the shelves for the closet have been cut and fitted, the wall between the closet and the furnace room is is in, and some of the bracing for the false floor have been put in place. But let's face it. I had set my heart on being able to get in there this weekend and put fabric away on those shelves. It is not going to happen. The shelves just are not yet ready to receive it.
Anyone who has lived through a remodel knows how I feel You anticipate based on preliminary timetables and things always take longer, and longer, and mabe even longer. The point is, they do eventually get there. This will too. I will have to be patient. I must say, everything is shaping up. I will have a lot more light. There is now a wall switch instead of a pull cord to the closet light and so many other small changes for the better. Yes, I am excited. Praise God for willing spirits that also have working hands.

2 comments:

  1. Mom, read my third day entry on the trade show I think that will make you feel better.
    Love, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like they are doing a good job.
    Philip is going to have a MRI next month. He may have a brain tumor. I'm not ready to have this posted on my blog or yours. I'll call you maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete