Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Timetables & Schedules

As I write this, four men from church are busily working on my sewing room. Four men in one small space (the closet ) is a bit much, but they are working out what each will do. One is moving some electrical switches, two are measuring and cutting, and the fourth is hauling and carrying. They had originally planned on coming back on Saturday after the men's breakfast to tackle putting in the false floor and the new ceiling. However, on Sunday I reminded them that this coming Saturday is Valentines Day and they should not neglect their wives to focus on doing something for me. They have decided to come back here on Thursday this week and finish up next Tuesday instead. I am very glad for this schedule change. I consider the wives of these men to be friends and I would like to keep it that way.
Today I served these workers cheese enchaladas, rice, and beans for lunch. Next Tuesday they will get ribs. It is the least I can do to express my gratitude for their gift of a sewing room. They weren't expecting this, but seemed pleased with the arrangement.
My hand is still tender, but a whole lot better than it has been. Thank you for your prayers on my behalf.
Tomarrow morning I have an appointment to complete our tax forms. It is free for seniors, provided by retired accountants and tax preparers who volunteer thier services. I have all the paperwork ready and will be glad to get it out of the way. It is just one thing on my schedule that eats at me every year until completed. Even though we don't make enough to pay taxes, don't have any withholdings, and therefore don't expect to get anything back, it is still wise to have financial documentation. Then too, only because we filed last year, did we qualify to receive a stimulous payment of $600. I anticipate a repeat of that for this year. I wish they would cut bacl on the beaurocracy and just add a bit to our monthly social security, but that won't happen.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your project is coming along and your hands are feeling better.
    We are probably going to have to pay taxes as usual but more than last year because Eric forgot to take in account my extra pay this year for over seeing the building project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to get your Mexican food and ribs! How exciting! I hope you are taking some pictures. What do you think of the blog look? I can change it if you don't like it. The green reminds me of your house. I took the photo of the bug last summer. I love this bug!

    ReplyDelete