Thursday, June 11, 2009

My latest visit to the Dr.

I had a Dr. appointment this morning. My x-rays indicate that there has been no movement of bone. This is good. It confirms that I won't require surgery to hold it in place as it heals. The Mhealing process has just barely begun. So my next orthpedic appointment is going to be August 6. In the mean time, absolutely no weight bearing, but I can bend my knee. I can already manage up to about 55 degrees before it becomes too painful (I am not to push it). The goal is 90 degrees by August. Then maybe I can start to apply weight. I am still looking at replacement surgery 3 months later. My energy level is very low. Just getting myself to the bathroom wears me out. Going anywhere is exhausting. All my energy is going into the healing process. I am thankful for all those who have stepped up to help. Even though I get a little down sitting here looking at my warehouse of a living space and wondering if it will ever be where Ican do something about it, I know that time will eventually come.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you are healing. I would love to be able to come down there and give you a hand, but with the kids home now, it doesn't seem like it would be much help. I am hoping that we might be able to come down and visit within a month or so. We'll see how things work out. I love you and hope you continue to heal. Love, Bridget

    ReplyDelete