Saturday, June 5, 2010

Well, OK

I placed both a large white calla and a very small greenish/white calla (both from our yard) into red dye yesterday. Over night the large white calla absorbed "some" dye, enough to say it is kinda pink. But not enough to really be considered hot pink. The small call (the size we need for the bridal bouquet) did not absorb any dye at all.

So here is where we stand. We can dye some white callas to include in the table bouquets and use some of the small greenish/white callas in coursages for the parents and Nicholas. I will order enough truly pink callas for the wedding bouquet and to make the grooms coursage. We will take pot luck with the other flowers, using a combination of what we can find at either Trader Joe's or the Farmer's Market and what we have in bloom here at the house.

I picked some Queen Anne's Lace yesterday and hung it up to dry. Seems it is already too late to gather premature flowers. All the Queen Anne's Lace has already bloomed. Some had developed heads of green seed. I am not sure if this will dry green or fade to brown. We will just have to see.

It is off to the Farmer's Market for me to get an idea of what is available. I will keep you posted. Irregardless, I anticipate a gloreous wedding. I am praying the weather will co-operate.

No comments:

Post a Comment