Tuesday, July 20, 2010

cycle of stress

Just about the time you think you can see light at the end of that long tunnel, a train comes along and runs you down. Four weeks ago Richard's Dr. started him on inject able insulin. I went to the local pharmacy and got the Rx filled to the tune of $115 (with senior discount) for 28 day's worth. At the same time, the Dr's office faxed the Rx to the VA. A 30 day supply of any Rx from there is only $8. As it tuns out, the VA is in the middle of shuffling staff and did not receive the fax, at least they didn't look at it. In the mean time Richard's Dr. here went somewhere for a week, so when I called to verify the fax had been sent, no one could do so. Another week went by before I could contact someone at the VA and was sure the information was received. I emphasised the urgency of getting this Rx.

This morning I gave Richard his last dose of insulin. A new vial has not arrived from the VA. Where is it? I called the VA pharmacy to make sure it had been sent. The phone just rang, not even an answering service to leave a message. I called the VA clinic and got an answering machine. So they got an ear full. Then I called Richard's Dr's office and again left a message explaining the situation and asking if he could go back to taking the oral medication he had been taken off of just until his insulin arrived. I have yet to hear from them or the VA. HELP. I don't need this.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mom, I have tryed over and over to call you. I only get an answering service. Is everything ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything gets straighten out soon

    ReplyDelete