Sunday, July 11, 2010

She is here


Finally home. How precious is this? I copied this photo off my daughter's blog. She had asked everyone not to post any info on our newest family member until after everyone had been released from the hospital. This request was based on a security issue that I won't go into here. But all is well now and I can boast on Charlotte. She was born on Wednesday July 7. Our Charlie, as she will be called, weighed in at 7 lbs 12 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. On a scale of 1-10, the hospital rated her health/development at 9.8. Can't get much better than that.

See, it is official, from unbiased sources. Charlie is almost perfect. I haven't seen Charlie yet, but am told she has curly dark hair, a button nose, and big blue eyes.

After two generations with no red heads, we have practically given up on it. Still, it would have been nice. One of these days a red head will come along and surprise us. Just hope I live to see it. My great grandmother Sophie, my grandmother Anna, my dad Dale (Bing), my brother John and I all had/have red hair. But none of my or my brother's kids or grandkids, not even my great grandkids, so far have had red hair. What happened?

Charlie, I love dark hair and blond hair too. We have several of both in the family. Each is different, each very special in their own way. I can hardly wait to discover just who you are and what makes you so very special too. Welcome to our family honey. Take good care of your wonderful mom. We will see you soon.

1 comment: