Thursday, July 8, 2010

Not just another day

Yesterday was not just another day. In the morning, Alvin was back doing his normal antics. I actually caught the little twerp taking the edge of my glass table top in his teeth and trying to move it off the crock. OK, that was enough. I took Amy's suggestion, put a table cloth on it and then sat a heavy potted plant on it. Let him try to move that. Oops, I didn't really mean to issue a challenge. I just hope it works. So far, so good, but the day isn't over yet.

We had great news last night. One of our granddaughters has presented us with a new great-granddaughter. For security reasons, we have been asked not to publish any other details until after mom and baby are released from the hospital, by the weekend. Those of you who are close to the family already know most of the info. We are all very happy about this family addition. So if you see me in person or want to call, I will be glad to share more info with you, just can't do it on line.

I spent about 2 hours watering this morning. All our plants were extremely thirst after such a hot day yesterday, It is supposed to be even hotter today, so they really need water if they are to survive. With the cost of water these days, I would not have more than a few pots of flowers if we still lived in Phoenix. So I can't complain about it. Most of our plants are well established perennials that can tolerate at least a short hot spell. Still other plants, like day lilies and some of the ground covers are drought resistant. They, along with potted plants and more tender plants (especially the vegetables) all got a good drink today. Tomorrow watering will be more selective. Thank God this heat is only supposed to last a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment