Friday, July 16, 2010

Life goes on

Today I am both optamistic and sad. Such if life. One phase begins and another ends. Sometime the lines are blurred. This is God's plan. Today on one daughtr's blog she talks about her new granddaughter and a new positive exciting phase in her life. On another daughter's blog she talks about the anticipated graduation of her daughter and how she will be leaving home. This will spell positive change for my granddaughter, but also sadness in my daughter's life. My son is starting a new phase of life with his bride of nearly 3 weeks and my remaining daughter is trying to wade through an accumulation of possessions as she sets up a new home. This is a time of stress for her, but also spells a new sort of freedom. I, on the other hand am trying to cope with putting my home back together. No stress there. Just kidding.

When I retired four years ago I "scheduled" a five year time frame for purging all my accumulation of things and being able to live a simpler life style. Through unforeseen circumstances my schedule has been thrown way off. You know what they say about "the best laid plans of mice and men". Well it has certainly held true in this case. So now on with the show. I will get as much done as I can in the time left to me. Heaven help my kids if they are left with the daunting chore of sorting through all my stuff if I don't get it done myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment