Saturday, January 17, 2009

hair

Today is the day of hair. Today I will cut Richard's hair as I have @ least once every 5 weeks for almost 40 years. It actually gets pretty long before I cut it. Today I will vacuum hair and other forms of small debris from carpet, furniture and etc. Today I will wash bedding that got feathers (another form of hair) all over it when a pillow sprang a leak -ooh. Hair is a persistent and yet yearned for part of God's creation. The bible refers to it as a woman's glory/pride (I Cor. 11:15). Men who are balding spend money on either "rugs" to hide it, medicine to re-grow it, or implants to replace it. Let me be quick to say that we have no balding problems in this house. Richard has a full, very thick though grey head of hair. It grows almost faster than I can keep up with it, kind of like a well fertilized and watered lawn in summer.
I fixed a ham yesterday for dinner. It is pretty good size and considering that there are only two of us, I will most likely cut it up and put at least half in the freezer for later use. That is the only way I can get to the bone quickly. I am talking split pea soup. We have been eating beef and barley soup (2 batches of it) made with left-over roast this past week. There is nothing like a hardy home made soup on a cold January day, but we need a change, split pea it will be. Nothing could be simpler. Just add onions, a little salt, some sliced carrots, a ham bone, peas and water to the crockpot and a few hours later, wha-la, soup. Maybe corn bread or biscuits and you have dinner. I am hungry already.

1 comment: