Thursday, January 22, 2009

Happy Birthday


When your youngest child reaches 45 and you have 5 great-grandchildren, there is now way around it, you are getting old. I feel old sometimes. Then I feel not so old at other times. If I don't try to keep up with statistics (calendars that remind me of passing time) I usually do OK. That aside, today is a celebreation. Some 45 years ago I gave birth to a wonderful son. After 3 daughters, we had wondered if we would ever have a namesake for Richard. The Lord granted us Rick.


Rick is patient, kind, helpful, and talented. He is a great dad to his kids and a thoughtful son to his parents (us). We talk to him at least 4-5 times a week. He shares his ambitions, dreams, and frustrations. If you can't already tell, we are proud of him. Is he perfect? By no means, but he really does try. Happy Birthday son. God bless you today and throughout the year to come.

1 comment: