Friday, January 16, 2009

Spring is comming

It has been exceptionally nice the last few days in Oregon. Cold, but not freezing in the morning and mild in the afternoons. I even did some work in the vegetable garden yesterday. My green onions and garlic are doing well and there are even a few starts of leaf lettice that survived the snow under a covering of plastic sheeting. I transplanted some perenial flowers (thinned them) and pulled up dead stems and foliage from planting beds, putting the debris in the compost pile. February is almost here and that means spinach and peas will need to be planted. I will be ready.
Today I took Richard in to the clinic for followup blood work. I pray that his A1C has started to come down. I really do not want to deal with insulin if I can help it. I may meet another lady and walk through a local wetland this afternoon. She needs to get out of the house, as her husband has been ill for over a year. The fresh air and execise will do us both good.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get out there myself. Maybe next week after I'm caught up. Yea gardening. I'm begining to look at the seed catalogs.

    ReplyDelete