Saturday, January 10, 2009


My girls are all much more computer savey than I. I never laid hands on a computer until required to take some courses the second time around in college . That was in my mid-40s. I have used a computer for various purposes (accounting, research, writing, etc) for about 18 years now, but it is not by any means a passion. Now that I am retired, I still do a little research, keep in touch through e-mail, and have recently started uploading photos from my new digital camera. I still, however, use a dial up (it's cheap) system for internet access. So when Shelley set up a blog for me, it took a couple weeks for me to get the hang of even posting. It was only earlier this week that I tried posting photos. But ouch! What do I do with all the added features Amy just put on my site? She changed my walpaper to reflect a garden theme, added a new column for videos (not that I'll use it with my dialup), and also added several links to blogs belonging to other family members. Nice work, honey.
It is wonderful that there are all these new options, but it is also a bit overwhelming to this senior citizen. Please don't expect me to add any more updates to anything but the regular posting for some time. Old dogs can learn new tricks, but they don't do it sponaniously. Thank you again Amy. And thank you again to Shelley who got this started in the first place. While I'm thanking everyone, Dianna spent several hours a couple months ago restoring all my programs when I did something stupid and the whole computer was out of wack. I have such great kids.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed with the website. Good work Amy.
    Love, Shelley

    ReplyDelete