Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Life

Where do I start. If one day can represent life, it is today. First there was hope for things to come, then unexpected blessings, followed by disaster. What am I talking about?
I have already blogged about the potential for adding a dressing room/closet and remodeling our bath. That represents things hoped for. The introduction to the Beth Moore series on Esther, sub titled "It's Tough Being a Woman" was also this morning. It has the promise of deep understanding and fellowship with other ladies both friends and strangers. Then after the bible study I was approached by an older man from the congregation who had repaired a light switch for me about a month ago. He informed me that the men at church had decided to renovate my sewing room as a helps project. They came this afternoon to take measurements. Praise God for these two blessings, the second one was most unexpected. Full of joy, Satan just couldn't stand it, so he threw us a curve ball.
Richard's medication for neuropathy was shorted by a month again. We called the VA twice with no responce to our message, so our primary physician called in a one month Rx to Walmart. They are supposed to have "cheap" medicine. Whow! I went to Lebanon (17 miles each way) to pick it up, got out my check book, and nearly keeled over. One month's worth of meds that we co-pay the VA $8 for was $264.88. It will take us several months to make that amount up from our limited budget. Oh yes, this represents the disaster part. Lord, are you putting us through the fire of purification (again) or am I just in need of yet more patience?

2 comments:

  1. Blessings and set backs. It's all part of life. What a blessing to have your sewing room fixed.

    ReplyDelete