Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Day, a new year

New Years Eve found Richard & I at home watching nastalgia on TV. Richard has not been well for some time, so we passed on the pot luck for our Sunday school class and it is highly questionable that we will take part in another one for our age group this coming Saterday.
Richard's A1C (blood sugar) has been elevated to the point that he may need to go on insulin, his crohns disease is flaring, he has fallen twice in the past 2 weeks, and has endured a painful bout of gout. I heard him come to bed at around 4:00 a.m. and when I got up at 6:00 this morning, the enchaladas he had requested for New Years Eve were still uneaten. Please be in prayer that the end of 2009 will find my other half in much better condition physically than he is at this moment in time.
It is raining outside today. Typical for a winter day in Oregon . My to-do list is short for today. I plan on taking down the Christmas tree, balancing my check book, paying a few bills, and finishing the laundry I started yesterday. All good things, but very manageable for a holiday where you are supposed to be laid back. Hope everyone out there has a peaceful and stress-free beginning to 2009.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a peaceful New Year too and that dad will feel better soon. Eric and I watched the "Bucket List" last night.
    Love, Shelley

    ReplyDelete